Priory Junior School is a school for children aged 7-11 living in Gedling, Nottinghamshire.
We hope you enjoy browsing around our site and finding out about the fantastic work that we do here.
Priory Junior School Ethos and Values
We are committed to:
- Promoting excellence and high standards in all forms of educational achievements and activity, including physical activity.
- Educating and challenging each child to fulfil his/her maximum potential.
- Developing a curriculum that is relevant to children’s future lives within a community.
- Providing a stimulating and enjoyable approach to teaching and learning that encourages learning throughout life.
- Encouraging each individual by offering a welcoming, supportive and disciplined environment sustained by active pastoral care and guidance.
- Instilling self respect and respect for others, tolerance of other ways of living and understanding of the world, thus encouraging a regard for moral values on which children can base their own behaviour e.g. honesty and sincerity.
- Developing strong relationships between home, school and the community and encouraging an appreciation and concern for the environment, especially the local area around the school.
- Recognising the uniqueness and worth of each child and creating equal opportunities for all.
- Striving continuously to develop and improve our work so that we can better meet the needs of those whom we serve – children, parents and the wider community.
- Creating an environment that fosters and encourages professional development.