Priory Junior School is a school for children aged 7-11 living in Gedling, Nottinghamshire.
We hope you enjoy browsing around our site and finding out about the fantastic work that we do here.
FULL MISSION STATEMENT
FOR PRIORY JUNIOR SCHOOL
We are committed to:
- Promoting excellence and high standards in all forms of educational achievements and activity, including physical activity.
- Educating and challenging each child to fulfil his/her maximum potential.
- Developing a curriculum that is relevant to children’s future lives within a community.
- Providing a stimulating and enjoyable approach to teaching and learning that encourages learning throughout life.
- Encouraging each individual by offering a welcoming, supportive and disciplined environment sustained by active pastoral care and guidance.
- Instilling self respect and respect for others, tolerance of other ways of living and understanding of the world, thus encouraging a regard for moral values on which children can base their own behaviour e.g. honesty and sincerity.
- Developing strong relationships between home, school and the community and encouraging an appreciation and concern for the environment, especially the local area around the school.
- Recognising the uniqueness and worth of each child and creating equal opportunities for all.
- Striving continuously to develop and improve our work so that we can better meet the needs of those whom we serve – children, parents and the wider community.
- Creating an environment that fosters and encourages professional development.
Our School Day
Gates unlocked at 8:30am- for breakfast club.
8.45am- staff will be on duty in the yard.
School starts at 8:55am where the registers will be taken in each class. (If your child arrives late please sign them in, in the Office.)
First break is at 11.00am to 11.15am.
Lunchtime is from 12:30pm to 1:30pm.
School finishes at 3:15pm.
If your child is going to be absent please notify the Office by 9.00am via phone, text or email. Also if they are going to be collected from school early, then please notify a member of staff as soon as possible ( 0115 9526100 ).